Monday, June 13, 2016

Kingdom Death Screaming Antelope

Kingdom Death
Painting these Kingdom Death monsters has been interesting, because they don't seem to have an official color scheme. There is some artwork of the monsters in the rulebook and on some of the cards, but I don't look through all of them because I don't want to spoil anything before fighting the monsters. And even so, the artwork seems to vary, especially with regards to colors. So I'm left to come up with my own ideas on how to paint them, which can be a bit of a struggle for me as someone without much artistic aptitude.

To me, the screaming antelope miniature appears to be sculpted as it if has exposed muscles on its lower half. None of the artwork I saw of the screaming antelope supported this interpretation, but I went with it anyway. The model just seems to have been done that way intentionally, even if the artwork doesn't match. And it could explain why the antelope is screaming so much. I would be screaming too if I was missing most of my skin. Have a look below for some pictures and a description of how I painted my screaming antelope.



Here is the step-by-step process I used to paint the screaming antelope. Unless otherwise noted the paints are all Citadel, though not from their current range.

White Primer
Calthan Brown - base coat fur
Desert Yellow - wet brush fur
Kommando Khaki - dry brush fur
Ogryn Flesh - wash fur
Mechrite Red - base coat muscles
Squid Pink (Acrylicos Vallejo) - wet brush muscles (twice for coverage)
Breast Cancer Pink (Reaper) - dry brush muscles
Elf Flesh - paint little hands
Baal Red - wash muscles
Dheneb Stone - paint horns, teeth, dry brush hooves
Skull White - highlight teeth, dry brush horns
Badaab Black - wash horns

No comments:

Post a Comment