Wednesday, May 6, 2009

4th Texas Infantry

Last weekend, I finished painting my second unit of GHQ 10mm American Civil War Confederate infantry, which I intend to use as the 4th Texas. They were painted in a very similar way to the 1st Texas, which you can see here. The only major difference was that I used brown ink on most of them, instead of black ink. I also used Fortress Grey instead of Codex Grey for the jackets, to make them a little lighter in color.

It took me about two weeks to finish them, including cleaning and priming them, basing, flocking, varnishing, etc. Most days I probably worked on them for about an hour, but some days less. The unit is composed of 36 advancing infantry figures, and 3 command figures. This works out well, because it gives a good sized unit, and I can get exactly enough for two such units out of every three packs of GHQ infantry, with command figures left over to use for other things.

Enough talk, here are the pictures. Click on them to enlarge.
Civil War,Historical Civil War,Historical Civil War,Historical Historical,Civil War Civil War,Historical Historical

No comments:

Post a Comment