Monday, December 22, 2008

Warhammer 40,000 Chaos Space Marine Chapter

I'm starting to paint my chapter of Chaos Space Marines. They're going to be mostly black, with bone colored helmets and trim. The intention is for them to look intimidating when they attack an enemy in the darkness, with only their bone colored helmets/trim and the white skull icons on their shoulder pads showing. There is a whole long backstory to my renegade Space Marine chapter, but I'll get into that more in the future as I get more of them painted and develop the story more.

For now, I'm trying to come up with a good look for them, and a good method for achieving what I'm going for. But I need some opinions. I've tried four different methods of getting somewhat bone colored helmets. But I don't want them to be straight white, since I think completely black and white models would look pretty boring. Anyway, here's a of picture of what I've tried so far.

Chaos Space Marines

So, which do you think looks the best? Anyone have thoughts on how to improve the look?

3 comments:

  1. Try building up the white from a tan or light brown base. It will give you a bone color thats more like aged bone than the pure white approach

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the middle two, I started out with a dark brown base, and put a tan color over that. One of them I think I applied some brown ink afterward. But I'm not completely satisfied with either of those looks. Maybe if I highlighted more they would look better. I'll have to try your suggestion of starting with a lighter brown color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mabye some red for blood on the school

    ReplyDelete