Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Warhammer Empire Cannon

Some pictures of my Warhammer Fantasy Empire cannon, with crew. These were originally posted on Saturday, March 17, 2007.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

They are painted in the red and black color scheme of the province of Nuln. You might start to notice that many of my miniatures heavily feature red and black. This wasn't really a conscious decision, they just happen to be my favorite colors, and I think they look very good together. So I often fall back on the colors red and black when I need to come up with a new color scheme, such as for the Tyranids and the Grave Guard shown in previous posts.

In this case, it just so happens that I had already decided to make an Empire army from Nuln. Shortly before starting to paint the army, a new Empire army book came out and the Nuln colors were inexplicably changed from black and yellow to black and red. So now I have yet another red and black army. Probably for the best, though, since yellow is really difficult to paint.

1 comment:

  1. I like it very much. i'm starting an Empire Army and Nuln was one of the Paint schemes i thought of. Great job!

    ReplyDelete