Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Warhammer 40,000 Thousand Sons

Here are some pictures of a unit of Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines I painted. The pictures were originally posted on my previous blog on Friday, December 21, 2007.

Thousand Sons Thousand Sons Thousand Sons Thousand Sons Thousand Sons Thousand Sons

The gold parts were painted using metallic gold paint, and they turned out really nice. The icons on the shoulder pads are transfers. They were pretty difficult to get on, because I was trying to apply them to a curved surface. So I had to put some slices in the transfers and overlap the edges a little while wrapping them around the curved part of the shoulder pad. It worked out okay.

The skulls on the sorcerer's shoulder pad and bolt pistol were just painted a tan color, and then had a brown or possibly chestnut ink applied. I wanted the force weapon he is carrying to look like it was glowing purple with psychic energy, but I don't really know how to paint something so that it looks like it is glowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment